(as of December 20th, 2017)
Basic Rules for ANY and ALL Contests Broadcast on KWLS. We reserve the right to make specific rules for each specific contest.
1. All KWLS contests are open to all U.S. KWLS listeners unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law.
2. Only one qualifier or winner per family or household within a 60 day period.
3. KWLS contests are open to U.S. Winners ONLY.
4. Employees of KWLS, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives and their immediate families are ineligible to win any contest. Employees and immediate families of any other media group are ineligible to win any KWLS contest.
5. Winners must sign a release upon pickup, and all winners agree to allow KWLS to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to KWLS may be recorded and aired on KWLS without further approval.
6. Winners may NOT request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
7. ALL prizes are non-transferable. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
8. All Prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within thirty days of winning. Prizes can be picked up Monday-Friday during NORMAL business hours at the KWLS Station, 103 E. 9th, Ste 211, Winfield, KS 67156 or the KWLS Wichita Office, 6800 W. Kellogg Dr., Wichita, KS 67209. (Winner may be asked at which location they wish to pick up prize.) It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within 30 days.
9. The winner must present a photo ID to claim prize. A winner must use their FULL REAL name in winning a contest. If an alias is used, the winner will be disqualified, and all prizes will be forfeited.
10. In certain situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept a prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including representative’s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license is required. KWLS has sole discretion on allowing a third party to claim winner’s prize.
11. Prizes will only be mailed if winner lives more than 25 miles from the station or its Wichita Office. KWLS is not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes, damages, loss or theft. Once a prize is mailed, KWLS is not responsible for the prize. Prizes will be mailed out within 3-4 weeks.
12. Winners of prizes consisting of tickets to an event or concert will generally be required to pick up tickets at KWLS studios or concert venue. In cases where tickets are mailed, KWLS is not responsible for tickets that arrive late or not at all.
13. KWLS is not responsible for prizes that are picked up or delivered after the date of expiration.
14. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. KWLS is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty day period.
15. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to a prize. KWLS then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
16. KWLS reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
17. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
18. KWLS may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. KWLS will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
19. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless KWLS radio, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors, or representatives from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
20. All contest entries become the property of KWLS. KWLS may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
21. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
22. KWLS contests are usually conducted by having person(s) call in to the studio on-air line (usually 316-945-1079), enter on KWLS website, enter through the mail or sign up at the KWLS Booth at community events.
23. KWLS is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In the event two or more phones lines are “tied together” during a phone in contest, the entire call and all callers “tied together” will be disqualified and another caller will be taken. KWLS cannot award duplicate prizes to all parties in a “tied together” situation. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of KWLS will be final.
24. In the event of a tie, two prizes will NOT be awarded. A tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by KWLS, and the results of the drawing are final.
25. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of KWLS is final.
26. To request a list of Winners from KWLS contests, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. These rules are available for review during normal business hours at the KWLS Station or Office or by visiting our website at www.kwlsradio.com.
28. KWLS reserves the right to change these rules without notice at any time.