Cam released a new single, “Redwood Tree,” on May 29.
Co-written by Cam, Tyler Johnson and Anders Mouridsen, “Redwood Tree” will be featured on Cam’s upcoming sophomore album, which is slated for release later this year. Cam was inspired to co-pen the song by the majestic trees she encountered as a child growing up in California.
“I grew up with a redwood tree in my backyard as my climbing tree,” says Cam. “I spent so many afternoons up there as a kid looking out and dreaming about the future. It feels like I’ve lived five lifetimes since then—I’ve done more than I can even remember, but still part of me wishes I could’ve stayed put, and to have that time at home. But you can’t be in two places at once and you couldn’t have known then what you know now. It’s a song about time, and whatever way you spend it still feels like just a blink to a redwood tree.”
Cam also will release a new stop-motion video for “Redwood Tree” on May 29. Directed by Lior Molcho, the video is based off real stories and adventures from Cam’s life.
Listen to “Redwood Tree” below.
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com
Kip Moore was the subject of a new mini-documentary, 7 Days at the Rock, which debuted on Outside TV on May 28.
The 26-minute film was released in conjunction with Kip’s fourth studio album, Wild World, which dropped on May 29. The short film follows Kip through some of his experiences in isolation at his remote rock climbing facility, BedRock, in Red River Gorge, Ky., as well as the weeks leading up to the release of Wild World.
The 13-song offering features 12 songs that Kip co-wrote, including lead singe, “She’s Mine,” which is currently No. 28 on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart after 37 weeks. In addition, Kip co-produced the album with David Garcia, Luke Dick and Blair Daly on select tracks.
“I know it’s an unsettling time for a lot of people right now, and so my hope is that this music can bring even just one person some peace,” says Kip. “I try to make music that reaches people in a pure sense—something that’s light and easy to carry with you, but 1,000 pounds of weight at the same time, and I think Wild World is just a depiction of what I see. Life is one crazy, wild ride. But it can be so simple if we look for the right things, and I think that is more important than ever right now.”
Kip’s new project follows his 2018 EP, Room to Spare: The Acoustic Sessions, and his 2017 studio album, Slowheart, which spawned hits “More Girls Like You” and “Last Shot.”
Watch 7 Days at the Rock below
Wild World Track List & Songwriters
1. “Janie Blu” (Dan Couch, Kip Moore)
2. “Southpaw” (Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
3. “Fire And Flame” (Cary Barlowe, Brett James, Kip Moore, Will Weatherly)
4. “Wild World” (Josh Miller, Kip Moore)
5. “Red White Blue Jean American Dream” (Jimi Bell, Barton Davies, Luke Dick, Philip Lammonds)
6. “She’s Mine” (Dan Couch, Kip Moore, Scott Stepakoff)
7. “Hey Old Lover” (Dan Couch, Kip Moore)
8. “Grow On You” (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
9. “More Than Enough” (David Garcia, Josh Miller, Kip Moore)
10. “Sweet Virginia” (Kip Moore, Manny Medina, Erich Wigdahl)
11. “South” (Adam Browder, Dan Couch, Manny Medina, Kip Moore, Dave Nassie, Erich Wigdahl)
12. “Crazy For You Tonight” (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
13. “Payin’ Hard” (Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Kip Moore)
photo by NCD